Monday, June 15, 2009

My Token Tulip and Wild Mushroom




Gardening skills aren't my greatest forte.I was quite suprised when in the first spring at my new house,I noticed that there were tulips growing in my small front yard.I was even more suprised when about a week later they were gone,dug up by some idiot who apparently thought they needed them more than me.I was pissed and quite sad.Then low and behold this past spring a token tulip popped up at the side of my yard!A red beauty and all by itself.For some reason thought I better take a picture,which I'm glad I did, because three days later someone had picked it.

Later I decided to add mulch.I maybe really didn't want to take care of something that was just going to be randomly picked or destroyed.Again another miracle of Mother Nature,a little wild mushroom popped up in the mulch.I was fascinated.I took a picture and good thing I did because two days later it disappeared.

What is it with people having no respect for personal property or other peoples enjoyment.I'm glad I took those pictures,no one can take them away,or the memories of first seeing them.

1 comment:

  1. There's a new form of gardening called guerilla gardening. You might like this. You plant seeds or plants in public spaces, perhaps where there is now trash or blight. Sometimes, just sometimes, the beauty of this little spot of gatden makes people feel better about where they live and how they treat that space. They might stop stealing your beauty and enjoy what is all around them and maybe plant some more.

    ReplyDelete