Monday, May 18, 2009

My Favorite Pot


It's true,I like my pot!
My favorite is my 2quart Wagnerware Magnalite which is one of the best investments I have ever made.I discovered this pot sitting innocently along with the others at a local resale shop about 5 years ago.Little did I know it would bring me such happiness,with it's plain but solid thick form with thick black ribbed handle.Just another pot, not unique,but I was impressed with the basic esthetics.Although it appeared a little weathered from use,a true bargain at just two dollars.

It was later at home I discovered the mystery of the pot.You can't burn anything in it!I've ruined pots in the past,or had a devil of a time trying to clean up a mess that was inadvertently created by blunder.Not this one!Caked on chili crust to stuck noodles comes off with ease!I've never owned such a miraculous pot.I heats evenly, water comes to a boil quickly.Food that would take double the time to prepare,heats in a jiffy is what makes this pot revolutionary.

Looking into the history,I discovered that this pot has been made since the 1950's through the 1980's with little change in appearance.I saw a similar used Wagnerware Magnalite retail for twenty-eight dollars at an online resale shoppe.I hope to acquire a whole set.If company is coming for dinner,I just don't sit there ,I get out the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment