Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Other Mother In My Life




The other mother in my life is my dog,Sybil.She was blessed with seven puppies,six girls and one boy,January 25,2007.Born all healthy and vibrant,it's truely a miracle,birth.The creation of life is amazing,and I am glad I was there to experience it.

It was the wee hours of the morning and Sybil started pacing and wandering.She looked at me as if wondering if I knew what was happening to her.I knew, I had never experienced an animal giving birth,but I knew this was the time.I tried to calm her and pet her and let her know things were going to be all right.She looked at me with her trusting blue eyes and I could almost feel that she could understand me.

Through out the night and into the morning,one by one,I saw new life enter this world.I created a whelping box in which to put the puppies,which she would constantly check on.I affirmed her through out the night that everything was going to be okay,as I swept my hand on her smooth coat,and spoke softly to her.The last puppy was born about ten thirty a.m..Sybil laid exhausted.I brought her some fresh water and some food.She drank but was too tired to eat and then went in the box to cuddle her new family.She looked up at me amazed and so proud of what had happened.I was the one that was truly amazed and proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment